We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Osso bucco is a typical dish from the Milan region, deliciously flavorful, tender and easy to make.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 thick slices of bone-in veal shank
- 4 tomatoes peeled
- 2 turnips
- 4 carrots
- 2 podsgarlic
- 2 onions
- 1 glass of white wine
- The juice of an orange and a lemon
Based on veal shank and small vegetables, here is an original recipe for osso bucco.
Recipe for osso bucco, carrots and turnips
The success of osso bucco in the mixture of flavors and the quality of the preparation.
The sugar from the onion and citrus fruits goes well with shank, marrow, garlic and baby vegetables.
It is this sweet blend of flavors that has made osso bucco one of the great Italian specialties.
- Start by rolling the meat in flour
- In a baking dish, brown each piece of meat in hot olive oil
- Add the chopped onions then the white wine to deglaze everything
- Then add the vegetables cut into large cubes and the peeled tomatoes
- Add the chopped garlic
- Finally, pour in the orange and lemon juice
A variation is to leave 1 or 2 slices of lemons and oranges that you can then reuse to decorate your dish.
Cooking the osso bucco:
Once you have realized this,
- Bake your dish in the oven at 180 ° for about 1h15 min
- The meat should always be wet with the juice
You are now ready to enjoy a delicious Osso Bucco that you can accompany with a risotto or fresh pasta, ideally colored.
Enjoy your meal !