We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Pineapple (Ananas comosus) is a herbaceous perennial native to Central and South America that belongs to the Bromeliad family.
Thisexotic fruit arrived in Europe at the end of the 17th century, it is now widely consumed as a fresh fruit, but also in juice or integrated into exotic foods, and it is recognized for its many health benefits and virtues.
Pineapple and its health benefits
- Rich invitamin C and B vitamins, in polyphenols and flavonoids, pineapple has propertiesantioxidants which help prevent the appearance of certaincancers and limit the cardiovascular risks by neutralizingfree radicals.
- Rich in fiber, pineapple promotes intestinal transit and regulates disorders digestive.In case offlatulence, it soothes feelings of digestive discomfort.
- We recognize the virtues of pineapplediuretics and dewormers.
- Pineapple is endowed with digestive properties which make it a slimming ally: it transforms meat and fish proteins into peptides easy to assimilate and very quickly eliminated.
- You are suffering fromthroat ailments ? Drink as much as you want pineapple juice !
- The pineapple stem contains a powerful enzyme, the bromelain, which acts as a anti-inflammatory and one healing. It is recommended to reduce pain associated with aosteoarthritis and treat inflammatory conditions affecting joints. Pineapple is very useful in the treatment of certain edema.
- Applied locally, pineapple promotes the healing of wounds,minor burns and Insect bites thanks to its antiseptic and decongestant properties. It also relieves dermatosis.
Growing pineapple for its benefits
- In order to thrive, pineapples need Sun and of heat (a minimum of 15 ° C is necessary). And the earth must be slight, fibrous, well drained and humus.
- Pineapple needs heat. In France, it is mainly cultivated as houseplant, in pot at least 20 cm deep.
- Watch out for mealybugs who really appreciate pineapple.
Pineapple in the kitchen for its benefits
Pineapple is juicy, fragrant, acid and sugar at a time. It is eaten fresh, alone or mixed with other fruits and can be used in the composition cakes, cakes, mousses, etc.
It goes perfectly in many sweet and savory preparations : curry, meat, fish, etc.